Monday, November 12, 2007

~CATCHING UP~

I need to take some time and catch you all up. Things are going well.
Yesterday we went to church at the Shaimen Island Christian Church. I had
gone there in August of 2000 when we adopted Michaela. Scott had gone home
by that time. It has changed some in those 7+ years. Last time I remember
having hymnals. They had Chinese and English versions. This time they had a
overhead projector. They had a group that sang up front with mikes. Very
much like the church in Beijing and like many Protestant Churches in the
USA. They called the service the Chinese-English Bible Study. They sany
songs in English and then in Chinese. I would have hated to have someone
actually hear my attempts to sing in Chinese...but they had it spelled out,
so I did try on one song! Then one was in Chinese Characters only so I just
listened to that! They had a minister that gave a lesson on Numbers. He
would say it in Chinese and then a young man translated to English. It was
interesting.After that a young woman gave her testimony and that was about
it. The service lasted about 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully I had taken a bottle of
JM and after he took that he layed down on CA and I and took a good nap. So
we were able to listen and enjoy ourselves. I doubt I will get that lucky
the next time we are in church in the US!
After church we headed back to the room and grabbed something to eat and had
a lazy afternoon. About 5:30PM we headed out for the Pearl River cruise. We
went with the Taylors. Our guide had made reservations but when we got there
they didn't seem to have them. They offered to allow us a table outside on
the deck. It was a nice evening so Chuck and I went with Helen to check it
out and decide. We thought it would work. I think it ended up being a
blessing! Last year when we went it was full of many adoptive families. This
year mainly Asian locals. The food was not as good this year and boy do they
flock to the buffet. I would have to say it reminded me of a swarm. When
they would bring out cookies they would fill a plate with a dozen or so till
they were all gone. We had a good time on the deck, but it was nice to have
our own location. It gets a bit tiring to have so many people staring at JM
and Grace. Many don't understand that Cleft lip/palate is a condition that
can be corrected. They see it as a curse. Some on the family and others on
the child. The kids had a bit of a rough time. I think they were getting
tired. But overall it was a nice evening.

This morning we slept in. We didn't have any special plans for today. JM
woke up at 6:45 and I fed him and gave him a bath. It was nice that CA could
sleep in a bit till about 8:15. We have been up at 6 or before each day till
now. JM still loves his bath. Is getting better and better at crawling.
Loves to make noise...singing. dropping things on the ground and just
chattering. I will try and download a couple more short videos.

Keep my friend Marian and her family in your prayers. They lost their
passports yesterday and have to work that all out! Travel is tricky without
a passport. Your can follow their journey on the blog Sera's blog.

Cait and the Taylor family with to a Department store and the pearl market
this afternoon, but JM and I are just hanging out!
All for now.
Please forgive my typo's. I'm bad with spellcheck and I don't have that here
;-)

No comments: